Product Review websites are all around on the internet, but they are far away from all being equal in regards to honesty and integrity. Many product review sites appear to be unbiased at first glance, but further inspection indicates their true intent: to only promote products favorably, so they can make money via affiliate links.
Here are some approaches to assess when a site and its owner(s) are merely in it for the investment, or if perhaps they provide honest truly neutral, consumer-oriented product reviews:
1. Who Runs the website? A genuine review site will have an About/Bio/or Info page that details who owns the web page (and oftentimes why they started it.) A lot of sites that claim to be ‘product review’ sites are actually run by affiliates posing as “honest” reviewers, while in fact their sole intent is to only recommend every product they write about.
2. Perform the Reviewers or Site Owners Buy The Products Themselves? This is a critical factor for review integrity. Just like scientific studies, you will find a strong proclivity towards favorable bias of the product if the reviewer did not pay it off himself. The reality that a reviewer covers the item(s) her or himself speaks volumes regarding their impartiality and capacity to remain objective over the course of the review.
3. Does the Website Review an Array of Products or Only One? A web site that reviews many different products is more prone to be neutral as well as a true review website than a site where only Zion Product Reviews. Why would someone go to the trouble of building a website for only one product and after that give it a poor review? Needless to say the review will be positive (although at times they could throw in a negative comment or two to provide the appearance of being impartial.)
Single-product-sites are well-liked by affiliate marketers because the search engines give strong weight to using keywords inside the website name (url title.) In case the item being reviewed is ‘Acme List Building Secrets’, then utilizing a domain of ‘AcmeListBuildingSecretsReview’ will often give that site a greater position in the major search engines.
4. Carry out the Reviewers Only Have Positive Points to Say about the Products They Review? A truly neutral product review website will have both good and bad reviews. If all the reviews on the site are glowing, and each item is endorsed, then there’s a great bet the reviewer is serving his own interests as opposed to the ones from the consumer.
5. Does the Review Headline Use the Word ‘Scam’? It is a classic tactic used by lots of unscrupulous reviewers to make use of keywords inside the title or even give the appearance of shoring the trust factor. A sample uoncvg might read, “Is Acme List Building Secrets a Scam?” – since it utilizes the keyword phrase within the title, along with that phrase will mirror what folks type in the search box when they have questions about a product.
These are merely a few key factors to find when assessing the integrity of a product review website. Keep in mind that honest product review sites are out there. Being a a consumer, you should evaluate a site’s integrity before you trust its reviews